By Amy M. Karch
Quick A-to-Z entry to present, exact Drug Information!
The 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug Guide, the excellent nursing drug source for nurses and nursing scholars, is now up-to-date with greater than 1,200 additions and adjustments to supply the main actual drug details available.
This accomplished drug advisor contains the nursing procedure to supply large drugs details, with whole monographs on seven hundred universal drugs—including 15 new drugs—and appendices that summarize key details on 2 hundred much less regularly occurring medicines. geared up alphabetically by way of known drug identify, this drug source presents quickly entry to the knowledge had to hinder drug mistakes and administer medicinal drugs correctly and accurately.
The 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug consultant offers:
* greater than 1,200 new additions, alterations, and updates on symptoms, dosages, and administration
* NEW indicators to MRSA-risk antibiotics
* NEW “Tall Man” lettering to avoid confusion of equally named medicines
* NEW appendix of drug-related web content, together with the meals and Drug management (FDA) and facilities for sickness keep an eye on (CDC) sites
* whole monographs containing time-honored and exchange names, pronunciations, being pregnant possibility classification, managed substance time table, drug sessions, healing activities, symptoms, contraindications and cautions, on hand kinds, dosages, pharmacokinetics, IV proof, antagonistic results, interactions, and nursing considerations—including overview, interventions, instructing issues
* A image "alert" image for medications that can't be beaten, lower, or chewed
* A 32-page full-color photograph consultant to capsules and pills
* Icons selecting risky medicinal drugs and new symptoms
* Interactions by way of drug-drug, drug-food, drug-lab exams, and drug-alternative remedy
* An appendix for most sensible practices on disposal of medicines
* An appendix of sufferer educating to avoid drugs error
* An appendix with mini-monographs on over 2 hundred much less time-honored drugs
On the better half website—NEW drug details and resources!
* NCLEX-style overview questions
* Patient-teaching aids and different sufferer defense resources
* counsel for specific populations
* Reference tools
Read or Download 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug Guide PDF
Similar nursing books
Studying disabilities and psychological wellbeing and fitness: a nursing point of view offers an evidence-based viewpoint on care of people with studying disabilities and psychological illnesses. round 30% to forty% of individuals with studying disabilities will adventure psychological wellbeing and fitness problems in the course of their lives. Many studying incapacity nurses and an important variety of psychological wellbeing and fitness nurses are in day-by-day touch with this workforce, and their complicated wishes usually are not frequently good understood.
Particular a Doody's middle identify! the second one variation of the award profitable Distance schooling in Nursing maintains to provide easy introductory info on distance instructing and studying and now brings the appliance of newly built desktop expertise to this surroundings. every one bankruptcy offers real-life distance schooling stories of either lecturers and scholars, and describes ways that distance schooling has more suitable the standard in their nursing schooling.
Completely up-to-date and revised all through, the 2d variation of this well known, transportable, device maintains to target need-to-know instead of easily nice-to-know. excellent for domestic care visits in addition to health center paintings!
2013 BMA scientific publication Awards 1st Prize Award Winner in surgical procedure! Minor Emergencies offers the sensible how-tos you must deal with a variety of non-life-threatening scientific crises with pace and services. thoroughly up-to-date with the newest apparatus, units, dosages, and methods, this compact and transportable clinical reference publication can provide quick, effective suggestions simply in case you want it.
Additional info for 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug Guide
The initial healthcare response to a disaster usually emphasizes treating immediate needs such as illness and injury directly related to the disaster. These direct medical conditions usually predominate during simple and extended disasters. The injuries are usually traumatic in origin, such as crush injuries from a building collapse during an earthquake, respiratory emergencies from ash inhalation during a volcanic eruption or eye injuries from flying debris during a tornado. However, there are also indirect medical consequences, most often seen during extended and complex disasters.
First responder, operations 3. Hazardous materials technician 4. Hazardous materials specialist 5. Incident commander Incident commander training requires 24 hours of training at the first responder operations level plus additional scene management education regarding command and control of the HAZMAT incident. NFPA has also drafted guidelines to define the knowledge base for each of the five HAZWOPER levels. The protection of the rescuers and maintaining overall scene safety is the top priority of a HAZMAT response team.
EMDs provide medical instruction to the layperson over the telephone until EMS personnel arrive on scene. They often use a flipcard system to ensure that information is collected and provided in the most efficient manner. EMDs then use the information collected to prioritize calls and to determine the level of response using a verified method. The addition of EMDs to EMS systems has expedited the delivery of emergency medical care to the patient, improved the systems’ liability posture, and has reduced the risk of EMS vehicle crashes on nonurgent calls.